There are some Christians who prefer structure, authority, discipline, and hard work. They want to schedule their Bible-reading and they need to check off a calendar and they want to attend church on a weekly planner. They tithe to the exact dollar and they dress up every Sunday and they would never ever curse, not even after getting a papercut from their latest Oswald Chambers devotional. And I think that’s okay. I don’t think religion has to be such a bad word all the time. Again, effort is not legalism, because legalism is legalism.
I think God has room for the highly devout church guy who sits in the front row because God respects our individual dignity and personalities. God does not mock the button-up bravado of the sincerely stiff worshiper — because this sort of Christian is still a sinner in need of grace, like you and me, and we’re not called to treat him based on any other parameter.
God has wired each of us differently. Some Christians will drink a beer and smoke cigars and get tattoos and pray in the woods by the river with a handmade journal and Lecrae and Mumford and Sons and Nirvana in their iPod — because this is how they meet Jesus. God has a limitless imagination to speak to each of us in a wild variety of ways. To limit this is to limit God, and I don’t ever want to suckerpunch His sovereignty.
5, 11, 38. Love your blog! :)
Thanks for asking! :)
5:Talk about the best birthday you’ve had:
Hmm well the first thing that comes to mind is that for my third birthday, my parents took me on a trip to Disney World. I was a huge Disney fanatic (and still am) so based on pictures and stories my family has told me that might have been my best birthday. Also, in the third grade I had a camp-themed birthday where we set up a tent in my living room and it was pretty sweet. My recent birthdays have been nice but nothing extraordinary. Just a few more months until 21 though!
11:Talk about the best dream you’ve ever had.
I had a dream about me and my boyfriend going on a trip to somewhere tropical. It was very relaxing and romantic
38:Talk about songs that remind you of certain people.
Oh my, there are so many songs that remind me of others. The Luckiest by Ben Folds reminds me of Lane, Lullabye by Billy Joel always makes me think of Dad, and different songs remind me of musical and theater people from shows we were in. Those are just some that first come to mind..
- 1: Talk about the first time you watched your favorite movie.
- 2: Talk about your first kiss.
- 3: Talk about the person you've had the most intense romantic feelings for.
- 4: Talk about the thing you regret most so far.
- 5: Talk about the best birthday you've had.
- 6: Talk about the worst birthday you've had.
- 7: Talk about your biggest insecurity.
- 8: Talk about the thing you are most proud of.
- 9: Talk about little things on your body that you like the most.
- 10: Talk about the biggest fight you've ever had.
- 11: Talk about the best dream you've ever had.
- 12: Talk about the worst dream you've ever had.
- 13: Talk about the first time you had sex/how you imagine your first time.
- 14: Talk about a vacation.
- 15: Talk about the time you were most content in life.
- 16: Talk about the best party you've ever been to.
- 17: Talk about someone you want to be friends with.
- 18: Talk about something that happened in elementary school.
- 19: Talk about something that happened in middle school.
- 20: Talk about something that happened in high school.
- 21: Talk about a time you had to turn someone down.
- 22: Talk about your worst fear.
- 23: Talk about a time someone turned you down.
- 24: Talk about something someone told you that meant a lot.
- 25: Talk about an ex-best friend.
- 26: Talk about things you do when you're sick.
- 27: Talk about your favorite part of someone else's body.
- 28: Talk about your fetishes.
- 29: Talk about what turns you on.
- 30: Talk about what turns you off.
- 31: Talk about what you think death is like.
- 32: Talk about a place you remember from your childhood.
- 33: Talk about what you do when you are sad.
- 34: Talk about the worst physical pain you've endured.
- 35: Talk about things you wish you could stop doing.
- 36: Talk about your guilty pleasures.
- 37: Talk about someone you thought you were in love with.
- 38: Talk about songs that remind you of certain people.
- 39: Talk about things you wish you'd known earlier.
- 40: Talk about the end of something in your life.